At last after more than three months of lockdown, we can finally get back to work! As a result of this terrible pandemic the world itself and, particularly for us, the world of dentistry has changed radically. We are getting to the point where we can start making plans to see our patients, whom we have missed terribly.
England still remains locked in level 4 of the contagion, which is the second most dangerous phase of the Covid-19 pandemic. This means that we will be starting to see patients without being able to carry out procedures that create droplets or aerosols (AGP’s), so we are not yet able to do any work that requires using instruments that create sprays.
Therefore we will be making a phased re-entry into seeing our patients. The new way we now have to work in order to keep you safe while you are at the practice is much slower, which means that we can see fewer patients and do less treatments per day.
Part of our phasing in process is that we will start seeing those patients who need us most urgently first, then we will see patients for routine dental maintenance, and when safe we will be treating patients as normal. Please be patient with us, this has not been an easy time, but we will try to accommodate everyone fully, as soon as we are able. We will contact you as soon as we can offer you an appointment.
In order to ensure your safety please be aware of the fowillowing:
- We will only have pre-appointment contacts with you remotely, by phone, email, text or through our new online practice portal, to make or change appointments. You will not be admitted into the practice if you do not have an appointment.
- You can make your appointments online through our website. Just go online to our website hovedental.co.uk and click the appointments icon.
- Once you have made an appointment we will send you an “appointments pack” which comprises of all the forms that you normally go through and sign when you have come to see us in the past. Please fill these out and return them to us electronically before your appointment as this will save you and ourselves valuable time and reduce the number of contact points at the practice.
- If you would prefer, we can also carry out video consultations to discuss any questions or address any concerns you may have.
- When you come in for your appointment, please try not to use public transport.
- Please arrive punctually for your appointment. If you arrive early you may not be admitted into the practice until the allotted time as we are trying to limit the number of patients in our premises at any given time.
- When travelling to your appointment please use a face cover, mask or scarf.
- If you need to wait to be admitted into the practice, please do so in your car, and if you are not in a car, please wait outside if you can. Please let us know by phone that you have arrived. We will get you in as soon as possible. If you need to come in, please inform us when you arrive.
- Please try to use the toilet at home before you leave for your appointment.
- Once you are in the foyer of the building, please wait to be welcomed by a member of staff who will ask you some questions first, take your temperature and give you a face mask and overshoes to wear.
- Please follow our instructions once in the practice, as we have set up special methods of ensuring your (patient) and our safety.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation in all this and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Year-end close down
Please note that our practice will be closed over the Christmas period from 20 December 2019 until 2 January 2020. If you do need emergency treatment during this time, please phone the practice on 01273 736448.
We like our patients to be aware that if you need emergency dental treatment during normal clinical hours, we will try to see you on the same day. Out of clinical hours we are part of the Brighton and Hove Private Emergency Dentist group. Just call the surgery and you will be given the phone number of the emergency dentist on call.
Patients with DPAS membership are able entitled to claim back part of their costs through the Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme.
The practice is expanding and there will be more information coming soon.
££ O% Finance ££
We know that good private dentistry may not be affordable for everyone. We use the very best products for our patients, and do not skimp on quality or quantity to bring you the best result.
In order to help our patients to spread the load of any financial burden, we offer payments by instalments over periods from two to eight months at zero per cent finance interest, on your debit card. This arrangement does not involve the credit card companies or the banks, and we are not acting as financial brokers in these arrangements. In order to keep you safe we use a third-party supplier who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), that your payments are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee, and that all information about you and ourselves is ISO27001 certified for information security management.
Dental Check-ups and Oral Hygiene Appointments
In accordance with the recommendation of NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) we like our patients to return on a regular basis for their dental check-up and Oral Hygiene appointments as this is the best way for us to work with you to maintain your oral health and, therefore, your general health as well. If you are told that all is good at your examination consultation, this means that you are in good fettle now. This is why we like you to come in regularly, for most, every six months to keep an eye that all is kept in this present healthy state.
Fees, DPAS and Brexit
We are happy to be able to maintain our fees, including our loyalty dental care programs (DPAS), at current levels, at the moment. What effect politics will have on prices and fees is not predictable, but we will try to keep any negative effect to a minimum.
2019 has been a revolutionary year in dentistry. New products abound. We are now using an exciting new filling product called Omnichroma. This material has all the strength and workability of old white fillings, but also has the ability, due to new technologies used in its chemical make-up, to blend and mimic the colour of any tooth that it is place in. The result is a stunning match in every instance. No more multicoloured fillings.
Loving our world
Since we adopted our eco-friendly policies, we have noticed how this is becoming standard throughout society. Buzz-words such as green and vegan abound. We continue to keep striving to protect the environment as best we can in as many ways as we can. Check out our eco-friendly section on our website.
Finally, we wish you all a great 2020 with everything that you wish for yourselves.
Thank you all for your support
Brian and Team – Brunswick Square Dental Practice