Experienced Dental hygienist in Brighton and Hove
Hygiene appointments are vital for keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Our dental hygienist takes a gentle approach, helping even more nervous patients feel relaxed and comfortable. At Brunswick Square Dental Practice, we are very proud to use revolutionary Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) in all hygiene appointments, a state-of-the-art treatment which gives outstanding results.
What is Guided Biofilm Therapy?
Guided Biofilm Therapy (GBT) is a modern innovation in dental hygiene, allowing us to deliver a new patient experience with treatment much less invasive and abrasive than traditional methods. GBT uses revolutionary AirFlow technology to remove biofilm, commonly known as plaque, from the mouth. Airflow combines a gentle jet of air, warm water and a special powder to clean biofilm and stains from the teeth and soft tissues, reducing the risk of decay or gum disease.
We believe GBT is the very best hygiene treatment available. It is minimally invasive, kind to the teeth and comfortable, meaning it is a great option for more nervous patients. The treatment is incredibly gentle and versatile, and can be used on natural teeth, the tongue and gums, dental implants, braces and restorations such as crowns, bridges and veneers. Traditional scraping, scaling and polishing are now considered outdated and abrasive and are not used. GBT provides far superior results, including light stain removal.
What happens at my GBT hygiene appointment?
- We carry out a full oral assessment, looking for signs of gum disease or decay. We are dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain healthy gums so will explain how we can best treat your gums to improve them and give you an idea of how many hygiene appointments you will need to reach stability for dental health.
- We use a special coloured dye on your teeth to disclose the biofilm and allow us to clearly see the areas that need to be worked on. We can also use this to give you advice on how to keep your mouth healthy as part of your oral hygiene routine at home.
- We use the gentle AirFlow technology to remove biofilm and staining from your teeth. Up to three AirFlow systems may be used for different areas of your mouth.
- We carry out a thorough final check of your mouth, ensuring that all the biofilm has been removed and your teeth and soft tissues are healthy.
- We take the time to go over any advice we have for your home care and schedule your next hygiene appointment. If anything is unclear, please ask and we will be happy to help.We appreciate that you may feel a little overwhelmed with so much advice and information, but if we do not offer the advice, we feel we are failing in your care. Please remember it is not a telling off or judgement, as ultimately we will listen to your requests and decisions about your treatment. If you think of anything you need to know after your appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will get back to you.
Do I need to see the dentist before I see the hygienist?
You do not need to see the dentist before you see a hygienist at our practice. You can access the hygiene services directly through a Direct Access appointment. We will conduct a thorough assessment and carry out any dental hygiene treatment that is necessary at the time of your visit, which will be discussed with you.
To ensure the best possible care for your teeth, and adhering to protocols, we may advise a check up with your dentist and x-rays may be necessary. We can recommend a dentist for you if you are not already seen here at Brunswick Square Dental Practice. This will be your choice and fully discussed at the time of your hygiene visit.
Dentists are qualified professionals, able to check all aspects of your teeth. They can help with dental problems including painful teeth, dental decay, fractured teeth and restorations such as crowns or veneers. As well as rectifying the clinical needs of your teeth, they are also able to help with aesthetically improving your smile.
What are the charges for a GBT hygiene appointment?
We offer appointments dependent on your clinical or aesthetic needs. Any hygiene, periodontal or gum disease treatments that are necessary for your optimal gum health will be discussed with you and planned together.
GBT 1 – £98.00 / £120.00
GBT 2 – £150.00
GBT 3 – £175.00
GBT 4 – £195.00