There are instances when your natural teeth are lost or need to be removed, missing teeth can be replaced with restorative dental implant treatment. We can replace missing teeth and restore your smile using our premium-quality dental implants.
Dental implants restore teeth that have been lost due to trauma or dental disease. They look and feel like natural teeth, and when you smile, no one will ever be able to tell that you have them. It is for this reason that they are a favoured restoration treatment.
Other benefits of dental implants include:
- That bulky feeling of a denture in your mouth is removed with teeth implants.
- Tooth implants are secure and strong, giving you the confidence that you expect from teeth
- Prevents further bone loss, which is a high risk when natural teeth are absent
- Depending on your aesthetic goals and personal expectations, we may recommend dental implants to restore your missing teeth. To confirm that you are a suitable candidate for dental implants, the bone mass and structure of your jaw will be examined carefully beforehand. We may even order a CT-scan to assist us in the evaluation process. If you are in good health, have positive oral health, sufficient height and width of jaw bone to hold the support then dental implant treatment is viable.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The cost of a tooth implant will vary, depending on several factors, such as the condition of your teeth and gums, your jawbone, the number of implants required, the location of the missing tooth, whether a bone graft will be needed and your overall oral health. Some dentists offer cheap dental implants, but often these aren’t of good quality and won’t last as long as premium implants. Surely, when it comes to our teeth, we want the best?
We understand that for some, the upfront cost of implants might be prohibitive, which is why we work with the finance provider, Dental Finance, offering affordable payment options for dental implants treatment. Use their online calculator to work out a payment plan that suits your budget. We believe that everyone should have access to quality dental care.
If you’d like to learn more about dental implants, get in touch with a member of our friendly, expert dental team today, or visit the Oral Health Foundation website.
A small titanium cylinder is used to replace the missing root and anchor the replacement tooth into the underlying jaw bone, it is here that it fuses with the surrounding bone, this is known as osseointegrates. Titanium is a preferred material because it can integrate/fuse completely with the bone tissue in your jaw. The post is then used to support the crown, thereby restoring the missing tooth. These implants are used to hold a single substitute tooth in place or secure a denture more firmly in position.
Good candidates for this treatment are patients with the following:
- Good general health
- Good mouth condition (No decays, gum disease or broken teeth)
- Sufficient jawbone thickness (May require x-ray)
- As in all cases, an initial consultation with one of our dentists is necessary before carrying out the dental implant procedure. This way, we can accurately assess whether you are a good candidate or not.
After numbing the treatment area using a local anaesthetic, your dentist or oral surgeon will carefully implant the titanium root in your jawbone. It can take up to six months for a dental implant to properly bond with the surrounding tissue. We may fit you with a temporary bridge or denture until the integration process is complete.
Excellent oral hygiene and regular dental visits will keep your implant in good shape for years. We take pride in using premium-quality implant systems from the highest-rated manufacturers, so you can count on your new dental implant being both functional and attractive for a long time to come.
When one, several or all teeth are missing, tooth implants from Ruislip’s trusted practice, The VRDC, is the answer. Dental implants are titanium root replacements used to support crowns, bridges or dentures. It can replace the root of the missing tooth, allowing a false replacement to be fitted permanently into the jaw, much like a real tooth.
Titanium is regarded to be extremely safe and readily accepted by the body. Our Ruislip dental implants can be used to replace one, several or all of your teeth. The major benefit is the avoidance of destruction to your adjacent teeth and they are not susceptible to tooth decay. Research shows that dental implants have very high long-term success rates.
Apart from these, dental implants provide several other advantages:
These act and look like natural teeth, making them comfortable and aesthetically pleasing
The solid feel of natural teeth allows the wearer to eat whatever they want without pain or problems implants preserve the mass of the jawbone, preventing ‘resorption’
These may support dentures, bridges and more.
Traditionally it has been necessary to support a full arch bridge on 6-8 Dental Implants. A new technique called “All-on-4” can often be used where only 4 Implants are used. The benefit of this technique is the avoidance of additional more complicated surgical procedures and grafting which may be required under the traditional approach.